About 5 weeks ago (only days after moving into a new house), Jeremy's older brother Blake heard that six-letter word that no one ever wants to hear......CANCER! Blake was diagnosed with Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma, otherwise known as Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It is a very aggressive form of cancer and is spreading rapidly. Blake spent his 35th birthday in the hospital undergoing double doses of chemotherapy. He has a young family, consisting of his sweet wife Belynda, and four young children ages 3 to 10. Today Blake is beginning another round of chemotherapy and will be back in the hospital after only a few short days since the last round. The doctors are optimistic about a recovery, but it will be a long hard battle.
I've debated for over a month on writing this post or not. But last week my sister-in-law Tara sent out an email to our extended family members and friends requesting help. So, though it may be a small thing, I'm asking you, my family, my friends, and even strangers who might stumble across this......please say a prayer for Blake and his family. I may not be able to pay the hospital bills, or help with the kids, or visit Blake in the hospital, but I can ask my friends to help by offering a simple prayer.
11 years ago


7 comments:
Lacey,(this is Tara) I need your mom's email address. I intend to email her on the emails but don't have the address. can you get that to Amanda so i can add her to my list? Thanks Amanda for posting this. That was sure nice.
My mother in law just told me about this on saturday. I am soooo sorry and He and his family will definately be in our prayers! My friend Matt was diagnosed with this type of cancer in feb. and he is now in remission!
Manda I am so sorry, You don't realize how precious life is until you hear about instances like this! They are in my prayers!
It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G what a prayer from a LOT of people can do! Miracles happen everyday because of prayers! I so believe in this! I love that you posted it! Not a fun battle, but things go better with prayer, more peace is felt and I hope that mine will count for Blake and his family!
Just found your blog through Vicki's A work in progress blog. Just wanted to say that I will pray for your family. I'm so sorry to hear about this!
On another topic, good luck with your digi scrapping. I use Photoshop Elements 6 and I love it!
Chanin
Oh no! Blake and I were baptized on the same day, way back when. That scares me a little because I am 35 and have a history of cancer in the family. I will sure keep him in my prayers and thoughts.
How very sad! I will for sure keep them in my prayers!
Post a Comment