So I'm one of those idiots that makes all my online passwords the same thing, and something really easy for me to remember. Well, not anymore! I've been hacked! Thank you Mr. Paypal automated email notification for making me aware. And, luckily it only happened two days ago. I've now spent the morning on the phone and computer fixing, disputing, and changing everything. My paypal account, a credit card, and a bank account (all three of which I rarely use) were all hacked into. Argh! Ok, so it was only $15.99 that I was ripped off, but still, that's almost a box of diapers these days, almost. Now everything is fixed and I should be getting my $15.99 back by the end of the week. So, if you're an idiot like me.....change your passwords so you don't get hacked too!
11 years ago


5 comments:
I tell you people now a days are rediculous! Kyle and I had somebody in mexico buy a some computers with our bank info. and then someone else bought some google stocks! its so AGGRAVATING! anywho our passwords are super LONG and have alot of this and that in them now. The Nerve, lol.
Wow. Thanks for the reminder. I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of & caught it early on.
That is so scary! Im gonna go change a couple of passwords, now....
Oh my gosh!! That is so scary it feels like some one has come into your home unwelcomed. Well I am super peranoid so I read your post, changed some of my passwords and then left my comment. So Sorry!!
That same thing happened to me last year with paypal. someone did a BUNCH of transactions to a russian online dating site. it was over 1200 dollars and it made us go into the negative so then we 600 in bank fees and you know what?!? paypal said they couldn't prove it wasn't me so they didn't refund any of it. I was so beyond mad and we were lucky it happened during the time we lived with my mom so no bills were effected. I hate hackers!
Post a Comment