Monday, September 29, 2008

LaPlata Canyon

This past weekend we went on a picnic in LaPlata Canyon near Hesperus, CO about 45 minutes away. It was absolutely beautiful! We love taking a drive each fall to see all of the beautiful foliage. The leaves hadn't completely turned yet, so this next weekend should be even better for any of you around here who want to go look.

The kids had a blast and loved every minute of it. It was pretty chilly, so we bundled up a bit. Unfortunately, I didn't really get any pictures of the scenery once we started on our walk/hike through the mountains. We're so lucky to live in such a beautiful and diverse area.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tessy said...

hi! you are so smart with the "flag this blog" thing. thanks!
i was so excited to see you guys! I've ruined my kids with any fun stuff since i normally drag them around behind me at work, or make them entertain themselves, so they can't focus apparently, we may need to practice. :) so, sorry i left in the middle and didn't really get to chat. :) i wasn't really planning on going, it just worked out for today. i always want to. i may try to go more often, if my kids can behave. :) you kids are so dang cute!
thanks again!

B said...

Soccer was a rough start... but now she loves it. She is playing up on the U-6 team that Stef coaches. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do that... but I didn't know who else was playing in the younger age group, so I didn't know who's team to try to get her on. I wish I would have thought about you guys... bummer!