Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mothers of the Prophets

I love to read, and I'm always looking for a good book. I'll read pretty much anything but gorey horror stories and romance novels.....not my personal prefrence. I love recommendations from friends and family (I usually go to my dad.....he always has the best books to read). So when I find a good one, I like to pass it on as well. I just finished reading this book my sister-in-law Tara gave me for Christmas.Mothers of the Prophets by Leonard Arrington, Susan Madsen, and Emily Jones. It's about the mother of each of the modern day prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, beginning with Joseph Smith through Gordon B. Hinckley. If you enjoy church history, I would highly recommend this book. I learned a lot and really enjoyed it. If you are not familiar with what I believe and my church, click here for more info! Thanks for a great book Tara.

2 comments:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

If you like series of books, check out the Pendragon series by DJ Machale. There are 9 so far (#9 just came out this week). It's a time-travel futuristic teenager adventure, but I really like them. The first one is called "the merchant of death".
Also, if you like fantasies like Harry Potter, then try the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull (he's a member of the church) and jsut released his 3rd in that series, and has another called "the candy shop war" about a candy store that sells candy that give you superpowers. My Westley likes me to read these to him.
For what it's worth....quite a change from Mothers of the Prophets, though!

Vanessa said...

I don't blame you for wanting to pass that on to someone else...Do you plan on attending. I am totally excited about going to it!

By the way I just finished the Twilight series...so good, I know you have read them already, but Mothers of the prophets sounds good!