Monday, February 4, 2008

Bad Week

So, if you aren't interesting in my rambling pity party, stop reading now.

This last week and weekend has been so crazy. First off, Andrew got RSV, as well as my precious little niece Olivia! It has been terrible! It's awful when your kids are sick, but to see my little 5 week old baby struggling to breath and with a cough that shook his whole body was heart wrenching. After a blessing, several trips to the Dr. and many sleepless nights, luckily both babies are out of the woods. They are both still a little sick, but tons better!!!

Then on Friday, Jeremy's brother and his family and parents came to visit from Arizona (Mesa and Snowflake). On Saturday we went up to Hesperus to go sledding with all the visitors as well as Jeremy's brother that lives here by us. There were 11 kids, and 7 adults all together. It was quite an experience for the kids from Mesa (they don't get too much snow). There was so much snow!!! It was crazy. Jeremy and I took turns sitting in the truck with Andrew with the heater on. I was so stir-crazy from being cooped up so much with sick kids lately, and I didn't want to stay home by myself, so we just kept the baby in his carseat and bundeled up and warm. He slept the entire time!

So yesterday, we were going to bless Andrew in our Sacrament meeting. Then, about 20 minutes before church started, my mom had to take my dad to the ER. I was an emotional wreck all day yesterday. I chalked a lot of it up to post-partum hormones, but I was just so worried about my dad! Kaitlin swears now that she's never having kids because she doesn't want to deal with hormones.....yeah right! So, at the last minute, we decided not to bless Drew during church, and to just wait until that evening so that my parents could be there. But, my dad ended up being admitted to the hospital with gall-bladder problems. So, we didn't bless Drew after all. We are going to wait a few weeks until my dad is better and then we'll bless him. At church, several people questioned my decision to wait, but my family is so important to me, and I wanted my parents to be there for such a special occasion in our family. After church, Jeremy and I dropped the kids off at his brothers house and went up to see my dad at the hospital. As of right now, they are just waiting to see what happens with my dad....poor guy!

We skipped out on Jeremy's brother's SuperBowl party to go to the hospital. Although, the one and only play I saw was a game changing one for the Giants. I guess if you are going to see one play, it should be a good one.

So, after all the sickness and crying (on my part.....not the kids), I'm wiped out. I spent the entire morning disinfecting every surface in my house and washing mountains of laundry. Hopefully we can all get better now. Sorry for all the negitivity. I'll put up some pictures of the sledding trip later.......SO MUCH FUN!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Manda, I am so sorry! I hate it when my kids are sick. My whole life just shuts down. Sorry about your dad too. That is terrible. Hang in there.

Megan said...

I started posting everything from this weekend, but I just started crying too! glad you did! so glad the babies are better! i love you!

Keri said...

Sorry to hear that you've had such a rough go of it. Glad to her Drew's on the mend. Hope your dad get better soon, too!