Friday, February 22, 2008

No more excuses

I am in denial! I can't believe how fast time goes by either. I've had my kids so close together that there almost hasn't been any time to get it together between nursing and pregnancy. I haven't had my body all to myself in 4 1/2 years! It is time to get back into shape. No more waiting.

I have several friends who are working so hard at it, and I am just sitting at my computer thinking, I really should get up and do something. My problem.........snacking! I eat fairly good meals and not a ton. But, when the kids want a snack, I have 2 snacks. This is BAD! So, I kept telling myself, I'll just get back into gear after Drew is born. Well, that was 8 WEEKS AGO! What is my deal?! All along I said I would get going again when Drew was 6 weeks old, then my family was in such disarray with sickness that I just didn't have the energy to do a thing. So, this is the beginning, well, Monday that is......I need one more weekend of enjoying my snacks, plus cake on Sunday for my dad's Birthday. I'm going to start a food diary, but I'm not brave enough to make it public yet........give me a little time girls, and I'll be right along with you! And, I CAN'T WAIT until it warms up and Meg and I can go walking with the kids. I have 2 double strollers (I know pathetic, but very useful.....a double jogger and a double tandem that the carseat snaps into) and with my three kids and Livy it will work out perfect. So Meg, you'd better get your walking shoes ready because at the first sign of spring, we're out the door. So hopefully by the end of the summer, there will be a lot less of me. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

The Wethington's said...

Yay for you! You'll feel so much better about yourself. i think it's really helped me to post my weight loss stuff because it keeps me motivated. Good job!!

Vanessa said...

Good Job Manda, I just made mine public a couple days ago...It's great! I think you are doing fine on time anyway...I say no exercise for six weeks after a baby anyway...so you are doing great. Good Luck!

Keri said...

I agreee with Vanessa...you DID just have a baby! However, it's never the wrong time to take control of your eating. Best wishes!

Tessy said...

good luck! i'm right there with ya!

Megan said...

You better believe I am ready! I can't wait for summer...being in AZ this weekend made me SOOO SOO ready for warmer!