Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just Peachy

A while back we headed up the lane to my grandma's house and picked some peaches. I have never seen so many peaches on a tree. It was seriously loaded. We ended up taking home 3 bags full, and Megan and Kaitlin both took just as much. They were so yummy!

Kourt and I spent most of the following day up to our elbows in peaches.

We made freezer jam, sliced some up to freeze, and made an amazing peach cobbler.

Now, I'm not a huge cobbler fan, but this was good and super easy. So, just because I'm nice, I'm going to let you in on the secret recipe. My neighbor gave it too me, and it's very complicated, so pay attention. First, put as many sliced peaches you want in a baking dish. Really, it doesn't matter how many....it's up to you. I had a ton of peaches, so we used a lot.

Next, mix one can of Sprite (or 7-up or Sierra Mist or pretty much any Lemon-lime soda) and 1 yellow cake mix together. That's it......soda and cake mix......no oil, water, or eggs.......just the dry mix and soda. Pour the batter over the peaches. Bake at 350 for about 30 - 40 minutes (just watch it to see when it looks done). I made a double batch and it took about 45 minutes, so I'm not sure how long a regular batch would take.

Now, go get some vanilla ice cream, and stuff your face! It's seriously good!

We took it to some friends house to eat with them, so I don't have a picture of it dished up with the ice cream, but it was yummy.

You're Welcome!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Ooh that looks yummy! I'm about to do the same thing!

J♥M said...

What a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing!! I know it's got to be good because it's almost exactly the same as the recipe we use camping in the dutch oven. We use bottled peaches and a whole cube of butter cut in chunks on the top. Seriously good!

The Wethington's said...

Holy Cow! You have no idea how awesome that is! I was just thinking how I'd like to be able to make cobbler but it seemed too hard. Colleen makes yummy cobbler and I've always been too chicken to try it out. I'm so doing this!

Tim and Shay Brusin said...

MMMM!!!! I have a cobbler in my near future too! I Froze mine this long weekend too! I think the peach season in kirtand was good all the way around! I had some from 3 different orchards and they were all AMAZING!!!!! yum yum yum! Thanks for the recipe! I am seriously doing that one....so easy!!!!!!

Ginger said...

I brought this recipe to a Bloomfield family dinner tonight and it was a big hit! Thanks!