Yes, this is a post all about my baby brother. So sue me. If you have a problem with that, then just move on. :)
Well, Wesley is officially a missionary and gone. It was harder to say goodbye than I thought it would be. I know it will go by faster than I think, and he'll be back home before I know it, but I still will miss him, and so will my kids!
Monday night, Wes came over for a little while to hang out with me and cheer me up (I was a little emotional after our FHE). The girls were both asleep, but Drew was still up due to binky drama. So, they got in a little bit of play time. Drew just adores Wesley, and loves to play with him. Jeremy and Wes also got in one last wrestling match, but called it a draw after they were both worn out.
Then Tuesday night, we had a big family dinner at my parents house. After we ate, everyone gathered together in the living room and Wes was set apart to be a missionary (one of the perks to having your dad as the Stake President......we didn't have to go up to the church late that night). Then it was time for pictures and some goodbyes. There were three different camera's flashing, so I don't think everyone was ever looking in the same place at the same time.We had to get a picture of all the grand kids, so we can remember how small they all were when he left. (And yes, my kids are all in their pj's already......it was late.)
This was the hardest part of the night for me. Lexi is the only kid that really realizes what is happening, and just how long Wes will be gone. She sobbed and sobbed. It was so sad. She has always been really close to Wesley, and she was so upset. She cried for about an hour after we went home too. This girl will really miss her Uncle Wes! (She's already written him two letters and he's only been gone three days.)
Wes flew out of the Farmington airport at 6:00 AM on Wednesday morning. So, in order to see him off, we had to be at the airport around 5:15. That was just way too early for my kids to get up and ready, so Jeremy and the kids said goodbye the previous night. But I couldn't do it the night before. So, I got up bright and early and headed to town to see him off.I am so excited for Wes, and know he will be a great missionary too!
For those friends and family members who want updates on his mission, click here. My mom, sisters, and I will keep it updated with letters, emails, and pictures we get from our missionary. The plan is to turn the blog into a book when he is done since none of us are very big scrapbookers.
To find out more about missionaries, and our church, click here, or here.


6 comments:
Have they changed it to where families don't drop them off at the MTC anymore?
He will be a good missionary! What a sweet boy...I'm balling! Geez!!
I can't believe that he has already left for a mission. Who knows maybe I'll see him sometime when I go to the temple. Glad things are going well.
Keri, the MTC has a curb-side drop off of sorts now because of swine flu in the MTC earlier in the year. So, my family decided just to fly Wes out of Farmington instead of driving all the way to Provo only get 3 minutes at the curb to say goodbye. It's a little different than normal, but it worked great for our family.
Your silly why would we have a problem with a post about Wes? How exciting that he is starting his mission, I'm sure he will love it! How sad about Lexi though ):
We love Wes! What a stud! He will be a great example to the world!
Post a Comment