Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Meet Monkey Boy

Once upon a time, I had a sweet, content, quiet, and mellow baby boy. Then he learned to crawl, but was still content. Then he learned to walk, and got a bit busier, but was still mostly content. Then he learned to climb, and his mother now spends 99.9% of her day getting him down! He is still sweet, quiet, and mellow, but definitely not content to sit and play. This kid is always on the move!

He has mastered the art of climbing onto the table, computer desk, the back (headrest part) of the couch and love seat, the kitchen counter, the bathroom counters, the inside of the washer and dryer (front loading), his sisters dressers, his sisters bed headboard, the playhouse outside, the jungle gym outside, and pretty much anything he sees. Thankfully he hasn't figured out how to climb out of his crib (fingers crossed he doesn't any time soon either)! I had no idea what I was getting my self into with a little boy, but I sure love him. Despite his antics and energy, he still has me wrapped around his little finger!

A friend didn't believe me when I told her what a little monkey my 16 month old was, so here is proof!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow! That is pretty good! That stage is so hard. Don't you just love boys!

The Wethington's said...

Gotta love those baby boys huh! What a lil cutie.