Tuesday, August 5, 2008

At least there was water to play in.....

Holy stinkin' hottness! I knew there was a real good reason I didn't want to go to Mesa......it's too HOT! Have I mentioned that before?! Come on people, how can you live in that heat. I know, I know, you acclimate. Jeremy and I lived down in southern Arizona pre-kids and I couldn't move soon enough. I never acclimated. I was so excited when Jeremy was offered a job transfer. It was either to Las Vegas (no way.....another too hot place) or Farmington (ding ding ding...we have a winner)! Luckily, there is air conditioning. I'm seriously not exaggerating on the hottness. On Wednesday night, at about 11 pm, it was 110 degrees! Isn't it supposed to get cooler as the sun goes down. Apparently they didn't get that memo. Plus, it doesn't help that us Whipple's have whacked-up sweat glands. The joke in the family is that we don't sweat, we rain.

Ok, enough about my complaining about the weather. It was a super fast trip, but the kids were amazing. We only had to stop once the entire way down for a potty break, and there wasn't a single tear shed! It was great. Then again, we did leave about 3 am so they slept most of the trip. The kids got in lots of cousin time while Jeremy and I helped paint and pack. Jeremy's brother was moving to a new house and we went to help with the process. Luckily, Jeremy's brother's new house had a great swimming pool. But, me being the brilliant genius I am forgot to pack any swimming suits. So a quick trip to Target and we were set to swim. The girls had a blast and it took the edge off the unbearable heat (Have I mentioned how hot it was?).


Posted by Picasa

We were able to help get everything moved over to the new house, but unfortunately weren't able to help unpack.....had to get back to work and life. We made a stop by Grandma Bit's halfway home for a couple of hours. The trip home was just as great as the trip down (other than the fact that Jeremy and I were both utterly and completely exhausted. We got home a little after 2 am on Friday morning. The only tears shed the whole trip home were by Drew about 15 minutes from home. So, I can't complain a bit. I am grateful my kids are such great little travelers. They always have been, and what a blessing it is for us! Although it was a super quick trip, it was lots and lots of fun!

3 comments:

Keri said...

You're sure nice to brave the heat just to go help. Glad you made it back safely.

Ginger said...

We lived in Phoenix for a summer while I was pregnant with Ezra and I have vowed I will never (EVER!) go back again. I don't know how the people there stand it. I feel for you.

J♥M said...

The week we were in Kirtland was hot! I can't imagine Mesa! So happy to hear you survived! And that the kids had a blast!