We have this ongoing cough/cold at our house, and it has been around since about Thanksgiving. As soon as one person gets better, someone else starts getting sick again. The cold weather hasn't helped at all. Needless to say, I am SO ready for Spring to get here. Well, yesterday we skipped out on Dance for Lexi because she's been sick again. She was so bummed not to go, and everyone is so stir-crazy from being in the house so much, that we decided to go to grandma's last night while Jeremy was at his church meetings. Now, I know it sounds lazy, but we drove over. You try walking in the dark with 3 kids and still like 3 inches of frozen snow on the ground because it hasn't been warm enough to melt yet. I was so careful to bundle everyone up really good. But, as the night went on, Lexi got worse. Well, I've had a lot of people tell me to put Vicks rub on your feet when you're really congested. Vicks, on your feet, you've got to be kidding me! Who thought that one up? Well, about 11:30 last night, I was desperate. Lexi had been coughing so hard she would start crying, which in turn made the coughing worse. And this had been going on since about 8:00. So, I tried the Vicks! And, believe it or not, she finally settled down, and went to sleep. And, on top of that, she only woke up twice coughing between then and 6 this morning. So, don't ask me how or why, but when you're really congested and coughing, put a lot of Vicks on your feet and put some socks on.........it just might work!
11 years ago


2 comments:
I have tried that before and I think I remember it working too! Amazing what people come up with.
We just might have to try that. We're all sick with coughs & colds here.
Post a Comment