Yesterday was Kourtney's 2nd Birthday, and it was such a fun day for her. So much fun that she decided to skip her nap, much to her mother's displeasure. I needed to go the Walmart in the morning, but she got to ride both rides in the fun center, and loved every minute of it. Then, we came home, and she opened presents. It was so much fun to watch her rip the wrapping paper apart in a frenzy to get to the goods. She was so excited to get Ratatouille. We had borrowed it from Aunt Meggie, and Kourtney fell in love with the movie. Then we set up the princess tent and let the girls watch the new movie in it. It made me wish I was a kid again! Later that evening, we went to Grandpa & Grandma Whipples house for cake and ice cream. I'm not really into the big huge birthday party thing. We keep it pretty low key and simple. Just close family for some yummy cake. Kourt had a princess castle cake, but the frosting was a huge rush job, the colors mixed wrong, and I wasn't really happy with the job I did.
But, thank goodness Kourt is only 2 and could care less what it looks like......as long as it tastes good, and it did.
Notice the little bite marks out of the bottom.....someone just couldn't wait for a taste. Then, Jeremy had to leave for a little while to a last minute 'meeting' of the sorts, so we just hung out at my parents for a while. When Jeremy got back, Kourtney opened her presents from everyone else, and had a blast. At one point in time, she just about dove head first into a giant gift bag trying to get the stuff at the very bottom.
After about 30 minutes of actually getting everything out of the 'adult-proof' boxes, the battle began. It was now about 8:30, and I had 2 little girls that were past their bed-time with no nap. Lexi had a hard time not getting any presents and even though her birthday is only a month away, to her it's never going to get here. And Kourtney can be quite stubborn and possesive. They both began to fight and cry over everything. So, Jeremy and I just laughed. We were all tired and getting upset would have just made it worse. So, we laughed along with grandpa, grandma, and even both great-grandmas. Drama, drama, drama! Jeremy even expressed his gratitude we had a baby boy finally!! After everyone was finally calmed down, we went home. We decieded to skip the Saturday night bath (1:00 church can be a blessing) and both girls were asleep with-in 10 minutes. What a day for a 2 year old!!! Happy Birthday Kourtney!
11 years ago


2 comments:
Happy birthday, Kourtney. You sure got ambitious with the cake. I'm not sure that my kids will ever get something homemade like that from me. Glad you all had such a fun day.
I am glad that Kourt got lots of fun toys that we can play with! I am jealous! I tried not to throw a fit with Lexi the other night! It was lots of fun and the cake was soo good! Can't wait till Feb. 10th!
Post a Comment