Monday, January 11, 2010

New Years Vacation

Over New Years, we headed to Arizona to visit Jeremy's parents. The weather was yucky, and the 3 1/2 hour trip to get there took us over 5 hours (thank goodness for snacks, sleepy kids, and a built in DVD player)! But, it was worth the drive. The kids had a great time visiting their grandparents and cousins, and Jeremy and I enjoyed the 4 day break from work and home.


We spent New Years Eve with Jeremy's parents, aunt, and cousins. We had good food, fun conversation, and we were all in bed by 10:30. (I know, we're such party poopers, but we were tired!)


New Years day, we took the kids Bowling in Show Low. The girls got the exact same score, and I smoked Jeremy. OK, so I only beat him by five points, but I still beat him! And Drew had fun seeing how fast he could run away.


Jeremy's brother Blake and his family came up and stayed for a couple of days as well. My kids had so much fun playing with their cousins they only see a few times a year! On Saturday, we bundled everyone up, and headed towards Sunrise to go sledding. Blake watched from the bottom of the hill, so I gave him the camera and said snap away. Everyone had a blast! I also decided that a pregnant woman should not haul a heavy two year old up hills, but should drag the sled and let the dad carry him instead. But, it was great fun!

Sunday, we went to church with Grandma and Grandpa, ate a super yummy lunch, and had some cake to celebrate Kourt's birthday a few days early! Then, it was time to pack up and head home. Thank goodness the roads were clear the whole way home. All three kids were so exhausted, that they slept for almost the entire 3 1/2 hour trip!

It was a great weekend, and a great way to start 2010!

0 comments: