Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Don't smash the bread!

We all know that a smashed loaf of bread stinks. I hate trying to make a sandwich out of a couple of smashed slices....they just don't fit together very well if you know what I mean. So, I'm always telling my kids "Don't smash the bread." Apparently Drew hasn't gotten that memo yet......

I baked some bread last week, and Drew really wanted a piece. It was still hot, so I told him not yet. While the bread was cooling on the counter, there was a knock at my back door. I walked around the counter to answer the door. While I was opening the door, and yes he is that quick, Drew decided to help himself. He climbed up onto the counter, stepped on all four loaves, and took a big chunk out of one. When I turned back around, he was standing on the counter top munching away.

One of those loaves was for my dad. I opted not to give him a stepped on loaf. Sorry dad....I'll make you some more later.

8 comments:

Keri said...

Wow, how disappointing. I bet it still tasted good, though. I really need to bake bread more often. Mmmm....

Mel and Angus said...

Precious Baby! Is he up for adoption? No use crying over smashed bread!

Cory and Melissa said...

I loved that he stepped on it. Not just pushed it with his hands but "let's try walking on it instead." That kid makes me laugh!

The Wethington's said...

Love it! You should post a bread recipe. I want to learn to make homemade bread...not in a machine. lol. Oh I guess if you'd rather just make me 20 loaves that'd be just as good.

J♥M said...

That sheds a whole new light on "kneal down" bread! What a character you have there! It still looks yummy!

Jessie said...

The bread still looks delicious, even if little Drew managed to smash it!

Vanessa said...

Oh that kids is too much!! Kind of cute though! It still looks good if that says anything!

Megan said...

It wouldn't be a NORMAL day without Andrew doing something naughty!

Love that kid!