Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh dear.....

I can not get this baby boy of mine to stop climbing. He is such a little monkey! Yesterday afternoon, Jeremy and I were sitting on the couch talking, and the kids were in the playroom playing (or so I thought). All the sudden we heard a shaking noise. I turned around and this is what I found...

He quite a resourceful little guy. He's learned if he can't reach something, he can just push a chair to get what he needs. What am I going to do with this boy? (The shaking noise was him shaking a bottle of sprinkles.)



On a side note, anyone have any tips in refinishing chairs? As you can tell my dining room chairs are in serious need of a face lift. They used to be my grandma's and I haven't done a thing with them since I got them.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

When Sam was about this age and we had the same problem I would just keep all the chairs tipped over. It worked pretty well for a couple of months until he figured out how to tip them up. Good luck!

Vanessa said...

If that isn't cute I don't know what is! HAHAHAHAHA! I have no advice on the chair thing...never done it before!

The Wethington's said...

Gosh you know what? Drew and Savannah have something in common. They push the chairs up to get into stuff. Savannah pushed a chair up to the counter and got into the medicine cabinet and took a swig of nighttime cold and cough....i don't know how to stop it. I guess I have to put those annoying latches on all the cabinets and drawers. Thank Heavens they are cute is all I can say. Now for the chair....go to Hobby Lobby and buy some modern looking material to recover the cushions in and maybe sand and restain them to whatever color you like...or try my moms solution to everything and spray paint them...i don't reccomend that on wood i don't think....but who knows. I am so not crafty.

Cory and Melissa said...

How cute. I love this picture and his face. It's like he knows he was caught but thought he could just smile out of it.

Jessie said...

He doesn't look big enough to be doing things like that yet!! Holy smokes! He sure is cute, even when he is being mischievous!