Sunday, July 5, 2009

Freedom Days

My holiday weekend was AWESOME! The fun and festivities all started Thursday afternoon. Originally we were planning on going camping, but that's so overrated. Instead, I thought it would be way more fun to spend the entire afternoon at Reliance Urgent Care. Then, I had so much fun there, that we thought it would be even more exciting to go to the E.R. Good Times! And since the ER was such a blast, I thought, why not just spend the night in the hospital. And while we're at it, why not throw in a little bit of last minute, unplanned surgery. I bet everyone is so jealous of the fun I had!

Then, I couldn't just have the normal outpatient surgery, and go home that afternoon like everyone else does. I had to go above and beyond the call of duty, and have complications so that I could spend the ENTIRE HOLIDAY WEEKEND in the hospital! It is now Sunday and the doctor just said I can go home! Hooray!


And, just because I know you will be curious, I had to have my gall bladder removed. It was full of stones and sludge. The complications was that some gall stones got stuck in my bile duct. So, the next week will consist of follow up appointments and tests. Hopefully the extra stones will pass on their own. If not, I'll have to have more procedures/surgery to remove the stones. So, cross your fingers that all goes well and I'm done with this place.

Thank goodness for such a wonderful family for taking such good care of my kids for the past four days!

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh Amanda that is awful! You poor thing! Get better will ya! Take it easy girl!

Erin said...

omg you poor girl! I had to get my gall bladder out 2 weeks after kyesun was born cause I had a gall stone the size of a golf ball. It sucked bad. I wish you s speedy recovery!

Jessie said...

NO FUN!!! That sounds so awful, and I am sure that is probably an understatement!

I am usually the queen of getting sick on holidays, but it is usually Christmas. I have spent Christmas in a hospital 5 times during my life. Lame.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Ginger said...

OH Amanda! I am so sorry. I had to get mine out when Ezra was six weeks old and having hours of labor followed by a c-section fresh in my mind I thought that childbirth was easier and less painful than the gallbladder attacks. Is the extra procedure the one where they go down your throat? I did that one too and it wasn't bad. Kind of just like a nap (I love drugs - well, in a legal, doctor supervised way of course). Hang in there!

J♥M said...

Oh gosh... that really really sucks! I sure hope you're feeling better soon!

Keri said...

Dang, that's no fun! Take it easy this week & I wish you well with recovery. Wish I lived nearby to lend a hand.

Mel and Angus said...

I am so sorry you had a bad weekend. Our family has been known to ruin a few holidays that same way - surgery. Not fun. The upside is I hear from people who have had their gallbladder removed is that they feel sooo much better - once they have recovered from surgery.

gena said...

You are so much better off without that awful internal organ!!!! All mine ever did was cause me pain. I don't miss it one bit!!! Feel better soon.

Cory and Melissa said...

Amanda I'm so sorry. Hopefully you'll feel better soon and have a better weekend.