I have tried everything I can think of to keep this boy down. I tried Ginger's suggestion, and turned all the chairs over. Drew (at the ripe ol' age of 19 months) figured out how to turn them back over right side up in about five minutes. I tried stacking all the chairs on the table. He figured out how to reach them and pull them off about 10 minutes later (by the way, he cracks up at the big crashing sound it produces when they fall off). I took all of the stools in the house, and stacked them up beyond his reach. I took every toy that could possibly be used as a stool to stand on, and put them in another room. So, this morning he uses the cabinet shelves and drawers to assist himself. He pulls the drawers out to create his own personal staircase. He will stack pillows and blankets and books and toys on top of each other just to gain an inch. I'm not so concerned with him getting the cups and sprinkles, but more of him falling off and hurting himself. I've got quite a determined and clever little guy on my hands. He's already putting those problem solving skills to work.
One thing I've learned is that boys are SO different than girls. Thank goodness, I can use a break from the drama from time to time! But, despite his antics, this little boy has me wrapped around his little finger. I'd gladly chase his crazy little body all day long for the sweet hugs and kisses he gives me in return.


6 comments:
Oh, boy! He actually reminds me of Jenna just a bit. :) Drew looks so tiny up there on the counter.
Dominick was the same way, he would climb everything and figure out new ways to get what he needed. In the end we have a very bright boy who is about to skip a grade! Good Luck!
I love boys too! He's so cute Amanda. We are probably headed down this weekend, hope to see ya!
He is such a cutie. Funny that he can turn the chairs over. I love that he uses the drawes though reminds me of a picture of Parker where he pulled out the drawer and climbed in, in order to reach some kind of food on the counter. If they are determined I guiss the'll do anything.
Seriously I want to say this is sooo funny but I have a climber too. And the first time I was like how in the world did you do that. I mean Kayben starts fights with Kyesun and then runs away and hides. He is a fiesty one but there is never a dull moment in our house. Im glad he is not the only risk taker. Must have been the year they were born. Oh wait nope because mine insisted on being born in January and costing more money. hehehe I sure do love him though.
How did we not run into each other? I was there twice today.
Glad you got a nice break away from the kids!
Post a Comment