Friday, January 9, 2009

Re-connected {sigh}

I am alive!!! And, as of today, I have phone and internet in mi casa again. And, it's in my new casa. Hooray!!!!!

Monday morning about 10:30 we passed our final inspection and got our certificate of occupancy. About fifteen minutes later, the city cut the power to our trailer. But, we had a birthday lunch planned for our sweet Kourtney already. So, after a rushed lunch at Fuddruckers (Kourt loves that place and that's where she wanted to go), and a quick trip to Target to get a few items for the new house, we came home and started moving!

My wonderful sister-in-law Carolyn watched all three kids for me, while Jason came and helped us. We had so much help, especially considering it was so sudden. My mom and sister helped me put stuff away. And our friends Brian, Kyle, and Randon, as well as Brian's two boys helped as well. Since I was in Arizona the entire week last week, I didn't have a single thing packed. Ack! But, that didn't deter us. We literally moved everything in laundry baskets. A bit weird, I know. But, when you only have to move about 20 feet it works quite well. Loaded baskets were brought to the new house, and I put them away while a new basket was being loaded. All in all, it went pretty quick moving everything over. After we ran out of daylight to move in, we met at my parents house for some birthday cake for Kourt. (pictures to follow later, I hope)

Unfortunately, we had piles and piles of stuff everywhere just waiting for a bit of organization. Since I didn't have time to pack and de-junk, everything just got moved over and dumped into it's corresponding room. So, for the last week I've been slowly going through everything and putting it away. I'm just about done, thank goodness.

We are loving our new house and all this room. I'm sure glad it's done......it was definitely worth the wait!


P.S. Our prayers are with Jeremy's brother Blake this week as he is starting radiation. The cancer has spread and is more aggressive, and we are all praying that the radiation will zap it quick.

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congrats on the new abode! I know the feeling! Totally worth it!

Ginger said...

Oh, I sooo understand that process of slowly putting things away. We've been here four months and I'm still doing that. Congrats on being in the house!

Naomi said...

Congrats! We are also in the process of moving! I wished we were close like you. But we are only moving about 15 minutes away so not too bad.

B said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited... you'll have to let me check out the new house when you guys get a little more settled. Got a question though... who is the coach for Lexy's soccer team?? Aubryn is not going to have her regular team this spring (they all wanted to play tee-ball in stead) So I'm trying to find a team to put her on, and I'm weird I don't want to put her on a random team, I want to make sure she's on a team with good kids (and good parents for me to hang out with) I don't know if they have an extra spot, but I thought I'd try anyway. THANKS!

Bond Fam said...

Im so happy for you guys that you get to be in your house finally!! Yay!

J♥M said...

What a great feeling! Hope the kids are adjusting well. Mine went through phases of missing the old place! Congrats!

Tim and Shay Brusin said...

Wahoo! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to take a peak (hint, hint) We can trade off show and tell! My prayers are with your brother-in-law as well as his family ;)