We have a teething baby boy in our house. And, as is the case for many, with teething comes boogers.....lots of boogers.......ooey gooey sticky boogers. They can't be avoided, it's just a fact of life. You just gotta wipe them up as often as the poor boy will allow. (Note: He despises getting his face and hands wiped up......throws a HUGE fit every time I do it.)
Today, I'm cleaning up the lunch mess in the kitchen. The kids are playing happily in the playroom when all of the sudden I hear a blood-curdling scream from Lexi. I drop everything and run towards the sound. I arrive at the scene of the crime, but wait......no one is hurt.....nothing is broken.......Lexi is sobbing, but appears to be fine otherwise........whatever could possibly be wrong?
"Lexi, why did you scream so loud? What is wrong?"
Between sobs, she manages to spit out the following, "Look mom, Andrew got his boogers all over my pants and then they got on my hand and now I can't even play or go anywhere because I'm all covered in Drew's nasty boogers!" {sob, sob, sniffle, sniffle}
Some days being a mom is the funniest job around. Besides, how can you not love a face like this?
11 years ago



5 comments:
That is hilarious! I can't believe how big he is...is he walking? He looks like he is standing in that picture!
Amanda, This is so funny! Yeah, I really will come down and see your house! Megan wanted to come see ours too so you can come with her if you want or whenever. I am off on Mondays and Fridays so come on by!
So funny. Teething is no fun. Especially the booger part.
Glad you are in your house. I bet you are so relieved to be done building!
So cute! Payton has an aversion to boogers too! The joys of being a mother!
That is so funny! You little guy is adorable. Just wait until he walks into your room at 4:45 am and says "Mom, I have something for you." and you hold your hand our for it and he wipes a huge nasty one on your hand! Your poor little girl for getting slimed!
Post a Comment