Hmmmm.......I haven't posted much lately. I'm sure everyone is dying to know why? Let's see.....
I've been:
- enjoying my new house
- working
- playing with the kids
- working
- enjoying my new house
- working
- playing with the kids
- working
- trying to get at least 4-5 hours of sleep a night (usually unsuccessful with that one)
- Oh, and working.....did I mention that yet?
So see, there just hasn't been much of anything blog-worthy lately. It's tax time, so most of my spare time till April will be spent working. And, I'm slowly organizing, unpacking, cleaning, and re-organizing again getting this wonderful house put together. I still don't have any "decorating" done.....I'm clueless on that subject. But, all the 'junk' is mostly settled in a drawer or cupboard somewhere. So, until life gets a little more interesting and blog-worthy, know that I'll be........enjoying my new house, playing with my kids, and working. Isn't life exciting!
I do have a great video to post as soon as I get a chance. You won't want to miss this one, trust me! (Especially everyone from the KCHS days!)


4 comments:
Hey! I just wanted to drop in and say that your little brother was quite impressive on the court! They did a great job. It was really neck and neck for a long time there. It was the first basketball game Tarren drug me to that I wasn't bored the whole time ;)
Oooh! I'm excited about the video!
I'm so glad you are enjoying your house! We are so greatful to have our house! I wish we could see yours but the pictures will do for now!
Okay so here's the scoop on the cake class. It's at San Juan College and it's taught by Dianne Holgate. She is so totally awesome. She does wedding cakes so I've seen a lot of her stuff and she is very talented. The only downer is that she won't give us her cake recipe. She told us to Duncan Hines for the class. I guess I understand because there are 3 people in the class that said they wanted to open a wedding cake business, so she doesn't want to give out her secrets ;) We made our first batch of frosting and made 3 different consistencies for different decorating techniques. The class is 6 weeks long and 2 hours a week. We are supposed to learn how to make flowers, bows, ribbons, and other neat decorations. We get to choose what 4 cakes we make so that's nice because I wanted to make fun birthday cakes and was worried that I'd get stuck with making flowery cakes. It's $39 a person and then our supplies cost us about $46...and then we have to spend about $10 a week on ingredients...and then the supplies we had to bring the first day cost about $70 but that was because I didn't want to use my kitchen stuff (in case someone stole it or something) so I went out and bought new "cheap" stuff like measuring cups and spoons etc. I totally recommend getting a stading mixer (like bosch or kitchen aid) for the class because the people that had the hand held mixers were having heck trying to make the frosting and me and Tarren totally blew right through it. It's so fun! You should check and see if there are any openings in the class and start with us!
Post a Comment