Friday, January 30, 2009

Remember that one time I had my own commercial?

Wait, you don't remember that? Oh, it's because it was about 10 years ago and only 10 seconds long. That's why you don't remember.

Let me preface this by saying the video quality is terrible. I found the old VHS when we moved. I didn't know how to get it on the computer besides recording it with my camera while it was playing on the TV. I'm technically challenged at times. And, at the end, if you listen closely, you can even hear Drew 'talking'. Enjoy.

So this is a little embarrassing, but I enjoy public humiliation, right? My senior year of high school, coke was a sponsor for our project graduation. So, they asked me to come to the Royal Spa to film this commercial. One student from each of the area high schools was asked to come, bring some friends, and play around at the spa while we were filmed. So, a few friends went with me, but of course, the video clips of them were on some other guys commercial. So, with out further ado, my cheesy corny embarrassing coke commercial from 1999:



9 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahahahhahahah oh my goodness thats funny stuff.

Keri said...

Pretty funny! Your kids will love it as they get older!

Vanessa said...

Love the slumber party tent...where did you get that? And I had no idea you did a commercial! That was awesome. I have to say I am so glad those days are over!

Shar said...

That's really funny! You did great!

It was better than my Costa Vida commercial hands down. At least you weren't sitting there stuffing your face.

Anonymous said...

How FUNNY!! Who knew you did a commercial.

I love the princess tent

Tim and Shay Brusin said...

Both posts were fun for me. The princess tent was way cute! I remember tents when I was that age, Mine were never that cool tho. I didn't have a dvd player either. How fun for them! Your commercial is/was cute. I loved it! I am so honored to be able to blog on a celebrities page!!! Thank you for the opportunity! I am so honored! (hehehe!)

Nate Kendra Olsen said...

OK..How is it that I didn't know of your moment of fame until now? and also.....Do you even like Coke? Out of all the Whipples, Heslops, and Stewarts..its funny that you are the one promoting Coke!! Loved it!

Amanda said...

For the record, I can't stand COKE! Don't like it, Don't drink it......AT ALL. Pretty funny, huh?

Jenn said...

Ha, I had no idea you were so famous! Just thought I would stop in and say hi! Your girls are so, cute and growing up fast!