Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Somebody help me, please!

I need some help! We are getting ready to put the shelving into all of the closets in our new house, but I'm just stumped on what to do in the master closet. I have this beautiful new walk-in closet with lots of room, but I don't know how to fill it. I've always wanted one of those fancy-shmancy closets with all the built-in organization. Right now I have my handy father-in-law here who can built pretty much what ever my little heart desires, but I'm a terrible designer and don't know what I want. I've even 'designed' my closet on several websites for ideas, but I don't know what would be practical and what would be pretty but not so useful. So, what do you like or dis-like about your closet? Do you have shelves, drawers, baskets, racks, etc.? I need help and ideas. Please!

8 comments:

Bond Fam said...

I like having shelves and some hanging rods and some shelves for shoes (if you have the space for that, I know I dont). I just know that my closet has hanging rods and shelves and love that, because I can hang up my shirts and skirts but I can fold my pants and have them right there too!

Naomi said...

I love my moms closet. It has a little of everything. I would look at some websites and get some ideas.

Tim and Shay Brusin said...

I am not sure what would be best for you but just an idea: If you do like shelves or cubbies that would give you room to organize. Then, if that doesn't turn out just right for you, then you can always put baskets on the shelves or in the cubbies. Another quick idea. Have you ever had two rods meet in a corner? There are always cloths that get pushed back and you can't get to them so...My idea would be to put shelving in the corners. that way you would have a row of cloths on a rod then maybe your stacked shelves then a row of cloths then maybe Jeremy's stacked shelves or cubbies. Oh! and I have a shelf on top of the clothing rod. It's really great because then I put my sweaters above the hung cloths. then, they are accessible and off the floor or out of a basket. I dunno, just a couple of thoughts:) Good luck!

Vanessa said...

In our last house we built I had a huge walk-in and had lots of like cubby shelves put in and I loved them cause you could just stick stuff in there or you can put baskets in there if you wanted to...We didn't have a dresser so it was really nice for underwear, socks, tees and things like that...have fun with that!!!

Shar said...

I love what the builders did in my closet. Next time you're in town, come on over and look at it!

Becky said...

Shelves, hanging rods, and I think you should get him to build you some nice shoe shelves. They could be like two feet high. Or you could build them on top of each other. So like one low one and then they shorten and get higher as they go up. So in the end you kind of end up with a triangle made out of boxes. Just a thought.

The Wethington's said...

ok so I don't know what the dimensions of your closet are but thanks to wonderful chris I know lots about closets. he was such a loser and left the master closet totally empty. tarren had to build everything in it. he did a shelving unit on each side of the door and then did 5 hanging rods on my side and 4 on his side with 2 shelving units on the ends. then he did 6 shoe shelving units on my side of the closet window and 6 on his and didn't finish the window seat but that was supposed to have more shelves for shoes and storage under the bench. the ceiling is 10 feet so there is a lot of wasted space. we want to but cabinets to put up there for storage but the cost was crazy so we keep putting it off. I hope that helps. I think the closet is my faveorite room...maybe the only room I like. lol

Megan said...

no one cares...just throw clothes in piles. You don't need shelves or hanging rods. Those are for sissys!! Just have your clothes in piles on the floor! That is what I do!