Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Highlights

Let me preface this by saying that I DO NOT like Halloween, at all! I know, I know, it's so un-trendy of me, but I don't care. I've never liked Halloween. As a kid I was sick every single year, so I never really got into it. I always had strep throat. And, as an adult, things haven't changed much. This year, I got pink eye.....on Halloween! Oh well. Jeremy's not a Halloween fan either, so we get along great. Since having kids, I've tried to change my attitude a bit, my girls LOVE Halloween. So, I will participate in almost all of the required activities, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. OK, enough of my pity party.......here are some of my kiddo's Halloween highlights:

We started off with a costume party at dance class on Wednesday for the girls. That evening was the Stake Trunk-or-Treat. It was huge, as usual! We didn't even hit up half the cars before the girls were tired of walking and carrying their heavy candy buckets. I'm sure if we were really into it, we could have come home with a enough candy to feed China for a year. Lexi had another party at school on Thursday, and that night was the Fall Festival at her school. We were there for a whoppin' 25 minutes. (Hooray for Jeremy and I) The girls had fun, got tired, and were ready to go home.....I didn't complain.

Lexi and Kourtney were Alexa and Leona from Barbie and the Diamond Castle. Since I'm not that into it, I let them pick their costumes out and this is what they wanted. Without fail, we have some sort of princess at our house every year! Drew was a monkey, and a very cute one at that!

Friday night we skipped out on Halloween all together and went to watch Uncle Wesley's football game. It was a great game, and all three kids were sleeping in our laps by the third quarter (even better for us....we've trained them well)! We didn't go trick-or-treating, but the kids are young enough they didn't even know they missed out. They did wear the cutest shirts ever, thanks to Aunt Martha/Meggie. She tie-died pumpkin shirts for all three of them.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love their shirts...and how creative to be the Barbie sisters...I bet they loved it!

Keri said...

I can't imagine how big a stake trunk-or-treat must be, but that is a good idea where everyone is so spread out. Good for you for just going to the game on Friday, as well. They obviously didn't miss much & who needs all of that candy? I'm trying to figure out what to do with all of ours. I've already put some away for Christmas stockings, even.

Ginger said...

You are better than me, Amanda. We did the trunk or treat and that was it for my kids. One exciting sugar filled night was plenty.

B said...

I'm with you I hate Halloween too, It's not the dressing up its the trick or treating and especially Trunk or Treat! I tried to be a good sport for the kid's sake but I was over it before we even got there!
Halloween Haters Unite!

Tiffany said...

How cute. I love their shirts.