Tuesday, November 11, 2008

She gets it from her dad

This afternoon, I was getting ready to head to Lowe's to take advantage of the Veteran's Day sale on appliances. I was trying to get the kids ready to leave, and Lexi asked where we were going. I told her we were going to Lowe's to order some stuff for our new house.

She replied, "Oh mom, but shopping makes my head hurt! Can't I just stay home buy myself? I'm almost 5!"

While suppressing a chuckle, I responded that it wasn't appropriate to leave her home by herself. So, the poor girl put her shoes on and prepared for the headache to follow.

Her daddy would be so proud of her!

1 comments:

Keri said...

Sydney asked me just a few days ago if I would we would just leave her home alone while the rest of us went somewhere, too. It sounds like Lexi has heard that type of comment from her dad a time or two. :)