Every once and a while I'm a fun mom (at least that's what Lexi tells me) and let my kids do something without intervening to make it perfect. Yes, I have OCD. On Monday's I take Kourt and Drew to a 'play group' of sorts at the school. The program is called Parents as Teachers, and my kids just love going to the activities. Since Lexi didn't have pre-school today, she went along with us. There is always some sort of activity at the end of play time. Today, my girls were in heaven........we made Pumpkin Pie, and they did everything their selves. It was so easy, I thought I'd pass the recipe along for some yummy fun.
Mini Pumpkin Pie
*2 TBSP Canned Pumpkin (The recipe says pumpkin, but we actually used the Pumpkin Pie mix instead of plain Pumpkin. I'm sure it would be yummy either way.)
*1 tsp softened Butter
*1/2 tsp Sugar or 1 packet of sugar (You know, those little packets you find in restaurants)
*1/2 tsp Vanilla (if desired)
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and spoon into a mini pie crust. Microwave 2 minutes. Eat and enjoy.
The mini pie crusts are found in the baking aisle of most stores. I checked at Wal-mart this afternoon, and sure enough, they were there in a package of 6 (Keebler brand) and were on the shelf below all the big crusts. But, I'm sure it would be just as much fun to make your own pie crust with graham cracker crumbs and butter and just press it into a small bowl. Also, no the microwave did not blow up. They cooked three at a time in the microwave, and while I was there, they cooked probably 15 pies all together and were still going when I left. I'm sure you could also bake it in the oven.
Lexi and Kourt were so proud of themselves for 'baking' their own pies. We will definitely be making these again before the Holidays are over.
(I took this picture holding it so you could see just how cute and small they were.)



5 comments:
Wow! Those are super tiny and just the right size for children! I'm sure you're have tons of fun with your kiddos!
You sound like you are a fun mom! What's a little mess with a lot of creativity?! The pies were cute, but not as cute as your kids!
You are a fun mom!
Really those tins didn't blow up the microwave? Great recipe! Our PAT Program here SUCKS!
How fun! One of Broc's favorite things to do with me is cook, so we will have to try this!
Those are really cute! I bet your kids loved it!
word verification:
phaties
Probably the funniest word verification I've ever had!
Post a Comment