Sunday, November 23, 2008

F.I.V.E.

That is the lucky number of the day because that is how many Sunday's left in the year. I only have to go to 1:00 pm church five more times this year! It's such a tough schedule with little kids. I can't wait for the wonderful 9 am schedule next year! We'll get home just in time for lunch and naps.

I know what some of you are thinking, I must be crazy to be excited about the early schedule, but if I can get all three kids ready by myself and out the door by 7:45 during the week to take Lexi to school, surely I can make it across the street by 8:45. The only drawback is that Jeremy's meetings will start at 6:30 am, but he'll be home by 1:00 each week! I'd say that's definitely worth getting up a bit earlier. Besides that, my kids are morning people!

OK, enough rambling.........Just know that I am excited for the New Year!

Am I the only crazy woman that is strangely excited about early morning church????

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

No you are not...I totally agree...I LOVE 9:00am. I hate 1:00 and that is what we are going to when the new year begins. Lucky you!

Ginger said...

I say 11:00 is best and that's where we're headed - yeeeeeah baby! You're right about 1:00. It STINKS!

J♥M said...

You're not the only one!
Although I have to say that 2:30 is even worse!
It's the same people that are always late for church no matter what time it starts!
I love 9! We'll be moving to the stinky 1!
I just hate getting ready for church all day!

Keri said...

I wish I could be excited with you. We actually had 8am church for a while & I loved it...even with a brand new baby. We just got word yesterday that we will be staying at 1 o'clock church again this coming year. We are in a different stake's building & I guess we don't want to disrupt their ward's schedules. Ugh! We have been at 1pm church more in our married lives than anything. I guess it's not the worst thing in the world, but I would love & welcome a change!! --End of Keri's rant--

Naomi said...

No you are not crazy! I have actually enjoyed 9 am church this year for the most part. It is now getting hard since Tegan is ready for nap by 11 am and now wont take a nap in my arms cuz there is too much going on. O well! I am not sure what time we go to next year though...I think that anytime can be hard....3 hours is too long!

B said...

I've never had to go to 1:00pm church... but I honestly don't even like 11:00am. I also prefer 9:00am, it makes for happier children, and longer naps!

Tessy said...

Oh my gosh! you are so not the only one. I just try to think of an excuse to leave early (which usually isn't hard as BOTH kids are screaming in nursery) I just have had a running countdown for the past few weeks. every sunday night i tell arin : "six more weeks!...five more weeks!" I'm totally counting down.
somehow I think it's going to change my life. Like the kids wont be horrible for three hours and all of the sudden i wont want to kick one of the nursery leaders in the teeth...i can hope for one of those though right? ;) they wont be fighting naps all day. they can usually have energy until noon. .. .oh i'm so excited. thanks for reminding me of better days to come... :)