11 years ago
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Go Vote!
It's election day! I'm not going to get political here and tell you one candidate is better than the other (I'll keep my opinion to myself), but I do believe that everyone should exercise their right to vote. So go do it, now! I did. I had to drive a long 5 miles to get there. I had to fight for a parking space and had to settle with the second closest spot. Can you believe that I didn't get the closest one to the door! And I even had to wait in line for 0.0 seconds (they had everything ready for me in the time it took me to walk from the door to the table). And those poll workers took my baby and played with him and entertained my two year old with voter stickers! Can you believe the nerve of them?! Long lines and abducting children! Ahhh, the joys of living in a small town and knowing all of the poll workers except for two. And, to top it all off, I got done just as Lexi was walking out of class and heading towards the bus (I vote at her school). So I intercepted her, and took my munchkins home. The entire process took 10 whole minutes. Can you believe that?! But seriously, go vote and be grateful for this wonderful country we live in the and freedoms we have to make a choice! I know I am!
Posted by Amanda at Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Labels: Random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Yes voting was a painless process today, I dont know why people act like its such a pain. Its really not that hard!
Voting here was such a piece of cake. I've waited over an hour before in other places I've lived. Yea for small towns!
Oh the nerve of some people!
I would have probably tried talking them into just keeping my kid there for the day.
Yay for voting!
I have you beat, i think it took me like 6 minutes to go through everything then i was back out the door. too bad the person we voted for lost! what a great experience for my first voting time.
It took me all but 10 minutes. and worth every minute too. I love McCain and he gave the BEST concession speech ever.
Post a Comment