Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Host

I've had several friends ask me about The Host, so here is my take on it. I really really liked it. It's written by Stephenie Meyer, the same author of the Twilight Series. The beginning is slow, especially the first 30 pages or so, but once you get past that point, it picks up a bit. So, don't give up......keep going.....it gets better, I promise. I almost stoped reading it, but my friend Diana told me to keep going, and I'm glad I did. I don't want to go into detail about the story line so I don't spoil it for any of you who might want to read it. I've heard it describes as a Sci-Fi for people who don't like Sci-Fi. And, that's a fair description. I do happen to like Sci-Fi stuff (my dad raised us watching Star-Trek and such). Just like the Twilight series, it has a love story in it. But, it's not as 'sappy' I guess you could say as the vampires. My sister asked me if boys could read it (for Nolan's cousin) and I would say definitely. The love story keeps the book going, but it's not too ooey-gooey. (Don't get me wrong, I love the ooey-gooey vampires.) So, without disclosing any details, I would definitely recommend The Host. I really enjoyed it! Now, I'm off to the library to stock up on some more stuff. I've had a lot of good recommendations, so we'll see what I can find. So, there's my two-cents yet again......take it or leave it!

3 comments:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

What about "City of Ember"
Saw the previews for the movie last night, and have seen it in the Scholastic book orders in the past, but haven't read it? Any thoughts?

Vanessa said...

Oh I can't wait...I have it on hold at the Library! I love the Ooey Gooey stuff too! Trekies to the end!!!

HAHAHAHA!!

Ginger said...

My sister in law was telling me about this book and her description was so bizarre I almost want to read it to see if she was serious or not. I haven't read the vampire books yet, but everyone seems to love them so they must be good.