(Lexi's self portrait after her play day)
Wednesday Lexi had a pre-school play day. She was gone from a little before 8 in the morning, until 2:30 in the afternoon! I sure missed my girl. But even more, I sure missed her entertaining Kourtney and Drew. What am I going to do next year without her all day long?But, she sure had a fun filled day. She even made the front page of the newspaper on Thursday with one of her best friends Talyssa. I asked Lexi why she was making such a funny face and she said, "Cause that huge bubble was popping in my face."
Anyone else think all day kindergarten should be against the rules?! I'm sure gonna miss this girls all day long! She has grown up far too fast.


8 comments:
All day does seem so long. I requested that Sydney get pm kindergarten here, so I'm crossing my fingers that Jenna will still be taking afternoon naps then...otherwise she'll really miss Sydney, too. I think the best thing I've heard of is from my friend in OH. They let the parents choose all day or half day. Wouldn't that be nice?! By the way, Lexi is so cute! Her hair is adorable, too. Good job, mom!
I totally agree...I am so glad they don't do that here...I would have held Ethynn back one more year!
YES! I agree.
P.S, Lexi, I love your freckles!
Amanda, I wish I could tell you it gets easier but I am on my 3rd kiddo and I sooo missed Kooper while he was at play day. The one thinggot home he got a blanket and grabbed that was worth it was when he my hand and said "mom, can you and I snuggle on the couch, I sure missed you mom" Believe it or not that big Texas drawl can turn into a sweet soft spoken boy!
Its long and hard at first but then you kinda get use to it by the 4th month. lol Kyesun LOVES school. So once you see how much they enjoy it and how much they actually learn then it wont be as bad. And when you are having bad days like on the weekend, you will be wishing they were at school. lol
Or you can just move back to AZ because starting next year in most school districts they are switching to half day kindergarten and if you want you kid to go full day then you will have to pay for it. Literally pay money for your kid to go to school in kindergarten! Dang budget cut!
I think all day kindergarten is gonna be hard to get used to. Garrett has preschool from 12:15 - 3:00 but I have to drive him into Farmington for it and then drive home after. It's like we spend all morning getting ready for school and then our day doesn't get to start until about 3:45 when we get home. I'm getting excited for Kindergarten because Garrett will get to ride the bus. I will just have to wake up with him and get him all ready to go. Then I will have all stinkin' day to miss him, play with Savannah, clean house and catch up on bookwork. I think it will end up being a better system, but I gotta tell ya, if I were confident enough I'd just home school him so he could stay with me all day. But I know he'll get a better education at school and learn to socialize more.
I am for all day Kindergarten, but that doesn't mean that I didn't have a hard time in the beginning. I think the hardest part was transitioning P-Goat, she didn't know what to do with herself. She would sit by the door for hours and wait for him. Then I would ask her to go play or try to distract her and she would tell me no, Dominick has to play with her. After a few months she realized she had the house to herself and has loved it, but she still loves picking him up from school and having a playmate again!
So YES, it will be hard, but the kids will get through it. As for you, you will be the proud mother of a kindegartener, the make you fun stuff and constantly amaze you with the things they learn! So good luck!
Okay I lost it in the parkinglot when Devin went to his first church dance. Then last week when they asked him to stand up at his seminary graduation, the dam almost broke again. I'm losin it. After he turned 8, it went so fast. I'm secretly loving that he didn't get into the fall track at college, don't tell. It's all going too fast, love kindergarten while you got it.
Post a Comment