Monday, December 15, 2008

Black Ice is BAD!

This is my parents poor Tahoe. Yesterday my dad was on his was to Teec Nos Pos for church. He was almost there when he hit a patch of black ice and totaled the vehicle. He's such a trooper though. He had to crawl out the back window. Then, instead of coming home (which I would have done), he just had the police take him to the church so he could go about business as normal, and they towed the car back to Shiprock. I am so grateful that he wasn't hurt! Prayers truly are answered!

15 comments:

Keri said...

Yikes! That would be so scary! I'm glad he's okay.

Naomi said...

Scary! I am glad he is ok!

Ginger said...

Dang! That's nuts. Just goes to show that good things happen when you're on the Lord's errand.

Ginger said...

Uh... I meant that he's ok - not that his car is wrecked. Just so we're clear. ;)

Bond Fam said...

How scary! But I am so glad that he is ok!

B said...

So scary, and a true example of how closely the Lord watches over us.

Vanessa said...

Holy Cow! That is amazing! Your poor dad! He has had a rough one!

Tim and Shay Brusin said...

WOW! I am so glad he is safe and sound! What a blessing!

Erin said...

OMG I am so glad he is ok, your poor dad. He is such a trooper.

J♥M said...

I bout had a heart attack when I saw that picture. Brings back a flood of nightmares!
Yep! I know from 2 experiences that black ice is bad! I love the example of your dad to finish what he went for. I think that would have been the perfect excuse to go home and put my feet up and complain of an aching back and whatever else! I'm so glad he's ok and hope everything else works itself out.

Becky said...

Tell Uncle DeWayne I admire his gumption. That's crazy. I'm glad he's ok.

The Wethington's said...

Sheesh Amanda! I'm really glad he is okay. I can't believe he crawled out of the car and then went to church! What a guy!! I'm sure your family is very proud and relieved.

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Holy crap! Glad all is well (people wise, if not car wise)

Mel and Angus said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I am glad he is okay. That is soooo scary. That happened to Bud many years ago. He was driving the Honda outside of Elko, NV and hit some black ice. Rolled and totaled the car. There wasn't a place on that car that didn't have a dent. I was so glad to see him that night.

Your dad is so awesome. I am not surprised he went to church. He is great . . . so is your mom. I love them both!

Nate Kendra Olsen said...

Man this is not good...We're so glad your dad is OK he is so tough and awesome!!! Send him our best!