Last week was our Spring Break. So we decided to ditch the nasty NM weather and head to the warm desert to visit Jeremy's family for a few days. We had so much fun while visiting, and it was nice for Jeremy and I to get a little break from school and work as well. Plus, we figured this might be the last chance to see everyone for quite a while.
Some of our fun included:
- A major tire blow-out in the middle of the rez on the way down. It was in the wee hours of the morning, and still dark. And, the batteries on our flashlight were dead. I'm sure Jeremy and I looked like major dorks using our cell-phones as a light source. And did I mention it was very windy and freezing (when isn't it though). But hey, we got to see the sunrise out there........nothing beats NM sunrises and sunsets!
- Two extra hours spent in Gallup because of the previous mentioned tire incident.
- A 7 hour trip turning into an 11 hour trip because of tire trouble and a really nasty car accident (not us, but traffic was at a stand still for over an hour while they cleared it........it was really bad). Our kids were such troopers and actually very patient considering how long they were stuck in their car seats.
- The girls taking a dip in the chilly pool.....they couldn't wait to go swimming, even though the water was too cold for the rest of us.
- A nice big family BBQ with everyone that lives down there. The food was great, and the company was even better!
- A trip to the Mesa Temple Visitors Center with all the kids. Too bad we were a week too early to see the Easter Pageant.
- A trip to the Phoenix Zoo where the only pictures of the entire weekend were taken.
- Tons of laughs and giggles with cousins.
- And lots of relaxing and enjoying the break!
Here are the only pictures taken the entire weekend at the zoo:
I hope everyone else had a great spring break as well! Too bad it was only a week long.......


2 comments:
Totally agree about NM Sunsets...the best ever! I'm glad you had a great week. How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well!
Ness
Sounds like fun except for the tire... I don't like it when that happens.
Post a Comment