Aren't we just a festive bunch in our flag shirts. Thanks to Walmart for $2.50 matching patriotic shirts. I couldn't find a matching shirt small enough for Drew, but he was still decked out in red, white, and blue!
Here's Lexi hitching a ride with dad.
Some of the other fun stuff that I didn't get pictures of.......
~Jeremy and his cousin Travis took second place in the horseshoe tournament. (They are in the championship game every year....they make a good team.)
~Lots of fun kids crafts
~The auction/fundraiser (by the way, my blankets and crayon boxes were big sellers.....yeah!)
~Story time for the kiddo's by Mother Moose (aka Grandma Bits)
~Lots of laughs and good times
~Tons of yummy food
~Lots of 4-wheeler riding by the bigger cousins
~A prize filled fish pond for the kiddos
~Paintball playing by the big boys
~Lots of hiking and nature walks by everyone there.
The only thing our holiday weekend was missing was fireworks. Since it's probably not the safest thing to light fireworks in a very wooded area, our family opted not to do them for obvious reasons.
We came home late Saturday night since Jeremy had to be back for church (our Bishop was out of town, so Jeremy had to be back). So we missed out on the big family testimony meeting on Sunday morning, but we got out of all the clean up (that's usually the most work). We got home just before 1:30 am and were exhausted. I think this was the one and only time I was glad for 1:00 church. Unfortunately, Kourtney caught a fever bug of some sorts this weekend and didn't feel well on Saturday or Sunday. So, she and I (and Drew of course) stayed home from church yesterday so she could re-cooperate and sent Lexi with grandma since Jeremy was already at church for meetings. Luckily she's much better today, but on the flip side, Lexi and Drew have the fever bug today.
But, it was such a fun weekend! I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday weekend!


7 comments:
Sounds like a great time! It's so fun to be with family. As far as the hairbows--you take grosgrain ribbon and wind on a dowl(round stick) and hold in place with clothes pins. Spray with fabric stiffner and bake for 20 minutes at 325 and then spray again and bake another 20 minutes. Remove from oven--cool and cut length you want. Put no-fray gel on ends of ribbon. I sew ribbons together and attach on a clip that I've covered with ribbon. With those particular bows I used additional ribbon and a button. It sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not too bad and once you have all the materials they last a long time. I've made Madison several bows with ribbon and some with flowers.
haha don't tell me my business devil woman.
Yes, I'm jealous. That looks like so much fun!
That sounds like you had a fun weekend, and did a lot of the things we did! The little headbandy things with the colored red and blue tape--did that!
Kids going fishing--did that, too!
And I'm jealous that you got to see Colette! She and I are old high-jumping buddies from back in the day. Glad no one was mauled by a bear!
What a fun reunion! Hope your kids get to feeling better. Sydney had that fever bug for a few days last week. At least it was only a fever!
sounds like tons of fun. I love love love the picture of the girls faces on the rock with jeremy! And Drewhe is getting so big. Kayben just had his dr. app today and he only gained an ounce since his 4th month. not good but he has been sick for over a week now. Poor Guy. anyways love your pics.
What a fabulous weekend, how fun!
Just a quick note to say thanks for entering the giveaway yesterday and stopping by my blog!
Hope to see you again sometime...
Post a Comment