Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just a random update.....

  • Drew is officially potty trained. He took a little bit longer to catch on than my girls did, but he's doing great and I can't complain.
  • I never, ever, ever want to potty train a child while I'm 8 months pregnant again! That was exhausting.
  • Drew is obsessed with dress-up shoes. It's driving his dad crazy! I think it's funny. What do you expect when he plays with girls all day? And with another sister joining the family soon, I don't see anything changing in the near future.

  • Drew is also obsessed with tractors, so I'm really not worried about him being too girly. He can't get enough of his tractors and would play outside with them all day if I would let him......I really need to take some pictures of him playing with all those tractors.
  • I think my dad is just as obsessed with tractors. He's purchased 4 new ones for the grandkids (mainly Drew) in the past month. Not that I'm complaining dad......Drew loves them!!!
  • My girls have been fighting quite a bit. They are driving me nuts. Lexi isn't used to being home all day, and Kourt isn't used to having her home either. There is a constant power struggle between the two of them. How do you deal with fighting kids for the summer????
  • We finally planted some grass last weekend. Our yard is so ginormous that I don't know if we'll ever finish landscaping. We're just going to work in shifts, doing one section at a time.
  • The grass should start coming up any day now.......it still hasn't. I hope the seed took.
  • We've been playing outside.....ALOT! As in every single day, sometimes multiple times a day. I don't have much energy lately, so playing outside is the best form of entertainment for my kids at this point.
  • Otterpops and water are my best friends.

  • Jeremy was released from his calling as a counselor in the Bishopric on Sunday.
  • Jeremy was called as a counselor in the new Bishopric on Sunday. We were a little surprised at first, but we are both excited!
  • I was released from YW 2 weeks ago. It was bittersweet. I loved my calling there, but it will be good considering the previous statement. Wednesday nights were tough when we both had to be at the church and drag all the kids along with us.
  • It's weird not having a calling.......maybe I'll be able to fly under the radar until after the baby is born.
  • I'm really glad that my mom sits with me during church to help me with my kids, and I'll be even more grateful next month when I have 4 of them to wrangle. I have the best mom EVER!
  • I have three weeks left until my due date. I'd be happy having this kid tomorrow. I'm serious. I hurt!
  • I'm down to weekly Dr. appts, so I guess that means there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • I'm praying this baby follows Kourtney and Andrew's example and decides to come early......I really don't want another 9 lb. baby.
  • My friend had twins last week.......they were both over 9 lbs! WOW!!!!! I really should be glad that if I have a 9-pounder, that at least there is only one.
  • I think we finally have a name for the baby picked out. I'm still mulling it over and using it here and there to make sure it fits.
  • I'm not even close to having everything ready for the baby to come. I still need to set the crib up, buy a new dresser, pack my hospital bag, buy some more stuff, get all my baby gear out of storage, etc.
  • I really should get it ready, but again, no energy. Maybe Saturday when Jeremy doesn't have school/work/church stuff to do. Then again, maybe not.
  • Despite my tired/grouchy state, life really is great! I'm very blessed and grateful for the wonderful life I've been given! (And I really am happy, I promise!)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I don't have 3 other children to care for at the same time as being pregnant...really I don't know how I'm going to do it cause I don't even have the energy now to clean the house. I'm in trouble is all I can say.

But I know how you feel. Ya my mom just told me on 2nd ward got a new bishopric. Round 2 right.

Good luck during the next two weeks. If I was closer I would come help...

I love summer and it is all about water and popsicles!!!!

Cory and Melissa said...

Well sounds like life is busy but glad your happy and your kids are so adorable. Can't wait to see what the next one looks like.

Ginger said...

Two things I wanted to tell you that really have little to do with this post:

#1 - I saw your cute belly at conference today and wished I could tell you it was cute. So, there, I did it.

#2 - I have been thinking about you lately because Hyrum has decided that all he wants to do is climb up dangerously high on tall things and tap dance. It gives me hope to think that Drew, a fellow climber, survived toddlerhood without plummeting to his death.

Good luck with the impending arrival of the new one!

Jessie said...

Good update momma!

I am excited for your little one to arrive, as I am sure you are too!

Also, I am loving the pic of Drew in his heels and fairy wand! So cute!

Courtney said...

Glad to know things are going well in your world even if you are busy! Isn't it nice when you finally get boys potty trained? I remember when Rynie was potty trained, it was so nice.