Every Saturday morning, my kids have chores they have to complete before play time. Usually just a few things beyond the normal day to day chores. So, on Saturday morning, I usually make each of them a list of things to do. It varies from week to week, depending on what needs to be done the most, and what our schedule is. I also try to rotate jobs between each child, so that they don't do the exact same thing all the time. My kids have come to refer to this list of chores as their "Saturday List".
So today when it was time to make the list, Kourtney eagerly volunteered to write a list for everyone. Here is what she came up with:
Kallie:
Play with her toys
Watch a movie
Snuggle with mom
Drew:
Clean room
Vacuum room
Watch a movie
Kourt:
Clean room
Vacuum room
Clean mirror
Have ice cream
Make bed
Lexi (da bomb......Lexi wrote that part):
Clean room
Vacuum living room
And no ice cream
Make bed
I like how Kourtney is the one and only person assigned to eat ice cream! And how Lexi (our ice cream lover) is prohibited from eating any.
And Kourt even made a "Saturday List" for Jeremy and I.......how thoughtful of her!
Mom:
Clean bath room
Clean toilet
Make bed
Sweep and clean the floor
Dad:
Be lazy
Watch football
Walk around
I liked how my list involved cleaning the bathrooms and floors, and Jeremy's was basically to lounge around. Poor Kourt was disappointed when I made them help sweep and clean bathrooms, and Jeremy left bright and early to head to school to study/do homework.
But, thank goodness I've got some good little workers. After "editing" their lists a bit, I'm happy to report that they completed all of their jobs. And I've got a feeling, after dinner everyone gets ice cream!




2 comments:
What a little nerd, i love it. I like Jeremy's list. Lounge around and be lazy, that must be what Kourt sees him do all the time. haha
Oh, my gosh that is great!!
Post a Comment