Thursday, January 20, 2011

Updating

I'm slowly trying to update this little ol' blog of mine. My camera was slowly dying (thanks to 30 cute little fingers) so I don't have tons of pictures from the last few months. Then, our computer called it quits too. But, it's a new year, I have a new computer, and Jeremy surprised me with a sweet new camera for Christmas. So, we're good to go!

I'm postdating everything to when it happened, so there will be several new posts all the way back to November (yes, I am that far behind).

And, since I'm horrible at keeping New Years Resolutions, I don't really make them. I try to set a few attainable goals, work towards them, and then set new goals. So for me it's an ongoing year round thing. But, I saw this a few weeks ago and loved it, so I'm posting it here!

Start: Something
Stop: Worrying

Start: Living
Stop: Waiting

Start: Talking
Stop: Texting

Start: Trails
Stop: Treadmills

Start: Now
Stop: Procrastinating

Start: Doing
Stop: Planning

Start: Simplifying
Start: Complicating

Tax season is upon us, which means more work for me (which is a very good thing....I really love it). And, I have four busy little munchkins that keep me even busier. I'm going to give it a valiant effort and try to update a little more frequently, but no promises! So for the next few months (at least till April is over), when I sit down to the computer, it's to work. Which means that the spare time I have needs to be with my family!

In other news, I may be having a pity party in a few months. I'm having a birthday that I've been dreading for a LONG time. I've been trying to ignore it, but with 2011 here it's hit me that in just a few short months the first number in my age is going to go up as well as the second number! I know lots of you have already had this birthday, and say it's no big deal. But, for some reason I'm really, REALLY, REALLY dreading it!!! I think I'm driving my husband and family nuts with my whining about it. So, if I seem cranky for the next few months, just bare with me. Tax season and that birthday will be over within a few days of each other and then I'm sure I'll be back to normal again!!!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I hear ya on that birthday thing. I'm dreading and looking forward to it at the same time. Don't ask me why but I am.

Keri said...

Be excited for 30! No one is going to remind you that you are in the last year of your 20's anymore. You'll have made it. And you still have so much life left to look forward to! I love 30!

Good luck with tax season, too. I've only got 3 kids, but I'm already feeling the pressure.

Shar said...

Spend your birthday somewhere AWESOME! It will make it so much better. And 30 is the new 20!